Serves: 2 Adults
Cooking Time: 1 hour
What you will need
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Frying pan
- Measuring jug (for liquids)
- 200g mince
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 150g of mushrooms (chestnut or ordinary)
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- 2 tablespoon of tomato puree
- ¼ stock cube dissolved in 150ml boiling water
- 400g of tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 100g wholewheat spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Tip in the mince and cook for about 5 minutes until well browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Remember to wash your hands with warm soapy water after handling raw meat.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the onion in half and peel off the skin, then cut into slices, discarding the root.
- Cut the pepper in half and remove and discard the core and seeds, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Trim the mushrooms and cut into slices.
- Add the vegetables to the mince, stirring to combine. Season lightly with salt and pepper if using and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the mince and vegetable mixture and then stir in the tomato puree and cook for another minute, stirring.
- Pour in the stock and allow to bubble down, then add the tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.